Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon August 10, 2009
Bug Warrants New Firewood Policy
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – The Kentucky Department of Parks is revising its firewood policy for park campgrounds due to a destructive insect infestation. The emerald ash borer was discovered in state ash trees earlier this year. Kentucky's 31 parks already prohibit out-of-state firewood, but now in-state firewood may no longer be moved outside quarantined counties. So far, eight eastern Kentucky counties have been quarantined because of the ash borer. Researchers are also monitoring the spread of the insect in western Kentucky.