Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon August 10, 2009
Bug Warrants New Firewood Policy
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – The Kentucky Department of Parks is revising its firewood policy for park campgrounds due to a destructive insect infestation. The emerald ash borer was discovered in state ash trees earlier this year. Kentucky's 31 parks already prohibit out-of-state firewood, but now in-state firewood may no longer be moved outside quarantined counties. So far, eight eastern Kentucky counties have been quarantined because of the ash borer. Researchers are also monitoring the spread of the insect in western Kentucky.