Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Thu August 26, 2010
Bredesen Responds to Favoritism Allegation
By Angela Hatton
Nashville, TN – Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen says he's offended by a reporter's suggestion that favoritism may have played a part in the selection of the deputy governor to head the state Board of Regents. The reporter asked the governor about the issue during a press availability Wednesday. Bredesen responded that the question was "offensive." The governor touted a record of transparency and not meddling behind the scenes. Criticism has continued over the appointment of John Morgan, who was the only candidate interviewed for the position among six applicants. The board also dropped a previous requirement that applicants have a doctoral degree. Morgan's highest degree is a bachelor's from Austin Peay State University.