Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Fri August 9, 2013
Bredesen And Frist To Co-Chair Leadership Panel
Former Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen and former U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist will co-chair the U.S. Global Leadership Coalition's Tennessee state advisory committee. The panel intends to raise awareness of the important role U.S. foreign policy plays in Tennessee's economic growth and security.
Tennessee is a national leader in foreign investment, and in 2011 alone the state exported $30 billion in goods and services. The USGLC will also host a luncheon event with U.S. Senator Bob Corker, ranking member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, in Nashville on Aug. 22 at 11:30 a.m. in the Renaissance Hotel. The luncheon is free and open to the public.