Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon February 4, 2013
A Book of Homeplace History and Recipes
Paducah resident Gerry Marshall has a degree in zoology from the University of Kentucky. She’s published a number of books, as well as over 100 articles, stories and poems for both children and adults. Her most recent work involves LBL’s Homeplace 1850 and documents recipes from the mid 19th century that have not been well-documented to date. The Homeplace History and Receipt Book: History, Folklore, and Recipes from Life on an Upper Southern Farm a Decade before The Civil War is available at amazon.com.