Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri May 10, 2013
Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
A fisherman was killed in a boating accident Thursday afternoon on Kentucky Lake near Marshall County. Timothy Alan Clippard, 51, of Jackson, Mo., was steering his boat under the Eggners Ferry Bridge when he struck an underwater pier structure.
The impact caused the outboard motor to break off and fly into the boat killing him. Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources Officer Garry Clark said Clippard was fishing with a partner in a local bass tournament when the incident happened.
The duo was making its way to the tournament location for a weigh-in ceremony. Clark said the unidentified partner suffered no serious injuries.