Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri May 10, 2013
Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
A fisherman was killed in a boating accident Thursday afternoon on Kentucky Lake near Marshall County. Timothy Alan Clippard, 51, of Jackson, Mo., was steering his boat under the Eggners Ferry Bridge when he struck an underwater pier structure.
The impact caused the outboard motor to break off and fly into the boat killing him. Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources Officer Garry Clark said Clippard was fishing with a partner in a local bass tournament when the incident happened.
The duo was making its way to the tournament location for a weigh-in ceremony. Clark said the unidentified partner suffered no serious injuries.