Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed January 13, 2010
Board Votes Out President Lacy
By Angela Hatton
Madisonville, KY – The Hopkins County Humane Society Board of Directors chose a new president last night, ousting long-time president and treasurer Judy Lacy. Directors unanimously elected No-kill animal shelter operator Christine Thorowgood as the new president. The Madisonville Messenger reports board members also elected a new treasurer, vice president, and secretary. This is the first time in ten years the board has had a full officer roster. New president Thorowgood says she will begin instituting new policies, such as increased shelter hours. Former president Lacy had come under fire for her policies and the county's high euthanasia rates. Lacy remains on the board, but she did not attend the meeting.