Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri May 29, 2009
Board Approves 2009-10 Budget
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – The Murray State University Board of Regents Friday approved the budget for Fiscal Year 2009-2010 with no changes. The budget includes no raises for faculty and staff, but regents hope to revisit the issue this fall and discuss a mid-year salary bonus. The largest priority expenditure will be a shuttle transport route for the university. Murray State will spend 142,000 dollars for the trial run and will have the option to cancel the service if it isn't utilized. Officials hope the shuttle will help recruit incoming freshman who don't have their own vehicles. The board also approved a measure 9-2 to affirm the importance of tenure to the university. This came in response to a move by the Kentucky Community and Technical College System to abolish tenure for incoming faculty.