Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue December 17, 2013
BNA Adds Non-stop Flight To New York
Nashville International Airport is adding a daily nonstop flight to New York City's LaGuardia Airport. The new nonstop service on Southwest Airlines begins on May 11.
Once it begins, Southwest will have three daily nonstops to LaGuardia from Nashville.
American Airlines and Delta Air Lines also serve LaGuardia with nonstop service out of Nashville.
Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority President Rob Wigington says the new flight is a "big win" for Nashville because LaGuardia is a slot-restricted airport, and the slots are difficult to secure.
Wigington said LaGuardia is one of the most popular destinations for the Nashville airport's customers.