Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue December 17, 2013
BNA Adds Non-stop Flight To New York
Nashville International Airport is adding a daily nonstop flight to New York City's LaGuardia Airport. The new nonstop service on Southwest Airlines begins on May 11.
Once it begins, Southwest will have three daily nonstops to LaGuardia from Nashville.
American Airlines and Delta Air Lines also serve LaGuardia with nonstop service out of Nashville.
Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority President Rob Wigington says the new flight is a "big win" for Nashville because LaGuardia is a slot-restricted airport, and the slots are difficult to secure.
Wigington said LaGuardia is one of the most popular destinations for the Nashville airport's customers.