Most Active Stories
- How Murray State is Introducing Kids to Emerging World of Robotics
- Bluegrass Pipeline's Developer Is Appealing the Eminent Domain Ruling
- Pro-McConnell NRA Mailer Blasting Bloomberg Comes As Senator Defends Wife's Role on Bloomberg Board
- VIDEO: Vickie Vaughn Band Plays 'Sounds Good Live Lunch'
- Report: Alison Lundergan Grimes May Have Received Illegal Campaign Help From Her Father
Tue December 17, 2013
BNA Adds Non-stop Flight To New York
Nashville International Airport is adding a daily nonstop flight to New York City's LaGuardia Airport. The new nonstop service on Southwest Airlines begins on May 11.
Once it begins, Southwest will have three daily nonstops to LaGuardia from Nashville.
American Airlines and Delta Air Lines also serve LaGuardia with nonstop service out of Nashville.
Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority President Rob Wigington says the new flight is a "big win" for Nashville because LaGuardia is a slot-restricted airport, and the slots are difficult to secure.
Wigington said LaGuardia is one of the most popular destinations for the Nashville airport's customers.