Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Mon January 7, 2013
Bluegrass Center Close to $3 Million Goal
Officials say private fundraising for a planned Bluegrass Music Center in Owensboro is going well. International Bluegrass Music Museum co-founder Terry Woodward says the drive has received just over 2 and a half million dollars in pledges and expects to reach its $7 million goal. The money will be used to turn an old state office building in Owensboro into a bluegrass center that will include a museum, an indoor theater and outdoor festival seating.
Major fundraising kicked off last August. Plans include getting $3 million from large donors, $3 million from small donors and $1 million from local businesses. The city of Owensboro will also committed $3 million for the renovation, which is estimated to cost about $10 million. The City Commission agreed to advance Woodward some funding to help pay for architectural and engineering fees to design the center.