Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu November 1, 2012
Bluegrass Benefit for Tony Williams
There’s a Bluegrass Benefit Friday night, November 1. A life-threatening infection put Jackson Purchase Friends of Bluegrass’s Tony Williams in Vanderbilt hospital for a month and a half. Tony’s home and better now. His award-winning guitarist and vocalist son Josh Williams dropped in on Music from the Front Porch with Mark Welch last Saturday to talk about the benefit.
Doors open at the Kentucky Opry at 6:30 tomorrow night for a concert by Josh Williams and Friends benefiting medical expenses incurred this autumn by Tony Williams, a founding leader of the Jackson Purchase Friends of Bluegrass. Josh dropped in on Mark Welch’s Music from the Front Porch on WKMS last Saturday morning.