Most Active Stories
- Protesters Show Up at Home of Hopkinsville Man Who Stepped on Flag
- Murray State Graduate Establishes Scholarship for Students on the Autism Spectrum
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATED: Forest Service Officials Tour Controversial LBL Management Projects with Students
Thu November 1, 2012
Bluegrass Benefit for Tony Williams
There’s a Bluegrass Benefit Friday night, November 1. A life-threatening infection put Jackson Purchase Friends of Bluegrass’s Tony Williams in Vanderbilt hospital for a month and a half. Tony’s home and better now. His award-winning guitarist and vocalist son Josh Williams dropped in on Music from the Front Porch with Mark Welch last Saturday to talk about the benefit.
Doors open at the Kentucky Opry at 6:30 tomorrow night for a concert by Josh Williams and Friends benefiting medical expenses incurred this autumn by Tony Williams, a founding leader of the Jackson Purchase Friends of Bluegrass. Josh dropped in on Mark Welch’s Music from the Front Porch on WKMS last Saturday morning.