Most Active Stories
- Public-Private Project to Bring "I-Way" Statewide by 2017
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
- Rose Sets Focus on Sewer Project, City Hall, Downtown for His First Few Weeks as Murray Mayor
- LBL Scenery Management Plan May See Revisions In Response to Public Concerns
- Kentucky Regulators OK State’s First Utility-Scale Solar Array
Thu November 1, 2012
Bluegrass Benefit for Tony Williams
There’s a Bluegrass Benefit Friday night, November 1. A life-threatening infection put Jackson Purchase Friends of Bluegrass’s Tony Williams in Vanderbilt hospital for a month and a half. Tony’s home and better now. His award-winning guitarist and vocalist son Josh Williams dropped in on Music from the Front Porch with Mark Welch last Saturday to talk about the benefit.
Doors open at the Kentucky Opry at 6:30 tomorrow night for a concert by Josh Williams and Friends benefiting medical expenses incurred this autumn by Tony Williams, a founding leader of the Jackson Purchase Friends of Bluegrass. Josh dropped in on Mark Welch’s Music from the Front Porch on WKMS last Saturday morning.