Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue July 24, 2012
Bird’s Point Levee Scheduled for Completion
The Army Corps of Engineers says the Bird’s Point Levee in southeast Missouri will be back to its former size by the end of the year.
Corps Spokesman Jim Pogue says repairs will raise the levee to a height of 62 and a half feet on the Illinois river gauge, the same height as before the levee was intentionally breeched in 2011. Construction of the levee was halted in June due to claims of an inappropriate bidding structure and possible environmental damage stemming from the construction. Pogue says the work should be completed by December as long as weather and river conditions are favorable.