Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
2013 KY General Assembly
Fri February 15, 2013
Bill Passes to Extend High School Age for Refugees
Local school boards could allow refugees and foreign-born students to extend their stay in high school from age 21 to 23 under a bill passed the House Thursday. State Rep. Jody Richards, a Bowling Green Democrat who sponsored the bill, says it would help these students catch up after arriving in this country with a poor education.
Some representatives who opposed the measure said it helped foreign-born students while students with disabilities would still have to leave school at the age of 21. Other critics expressed concerns that a 23-year-old man could be attending school with a 15-year-old girl.
The legislation moves to the Senate for consideration.