Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
2013 KY General Assembly
Tue February 12, 2013
Bill That Could Erase Some Lower Felonies Moves to Senate
The Kentucky House has passed a bill that would allow people convicted of low-level felonies to apply to remove them from their criminal records. The Monday vote was 78-19. The proposal would allow people to expunge felonies that carry sentences of one to five years in prison.
The bill would not apply to those convicted of sex offenses or more than one felony. The bill now moves to the Republican-controlled Senate for consideration. Like-minded legislation in 2011 failed to leave the House Judiciary Committee.