Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Tue December 11, 2007
By Scott Vander Ploeg
Murray, KY – According to the National Assessment for Adult Literacy, over 40% of the US Population read at a basic or below basic level. What's more is that the percentage of adults with proficient reading skills has declined over the past 10 years. Dr. Scott Vander Ploeg talks about the importance of effective language skills in a commentary he calls Big Words.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear his commentary.
Read the text for this commentary here.