Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Tue December 11, 2007
By Scott Vander Ploeg
Murray, KY – According to the National Assessment for Adult Literacy, over 40% of the US Population read at a basic or below basic level. What's more is that the percentage of adults with proficient reading skills has declined over the past 10 years. Dr. Scott Vander Ploeg talks about the importance of effective language skills in a commentary he calls Big Words.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear his commentary.
Read the text for this commentary here.