Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Mon December 16, 2013
Big Rivers Holds Henderson Meeting Today, Other Public Meetings Coming In January
A public meeting on a proposal to increase Big Rivers Electric Corp. rates is being held today in Henderson, with a public comment session in Frankfort linked by video to Owensboro, Paducah and Brandenburg on January 8.
The meeting and comment session were rescheduled to bad weather.
Big Rivers wants to increase rates early next year to boost annual revenue by $70 million.
The increase is to partially offset the loss of about $175 million in annual revenue that will occur when the Century Aluminum smelter in Sebree ceases to be a Big Rivers customer at the end of January.
The rate increase is estimated to increase monthly residential bills by about $25 to $30 per month.