Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Mon December 16, 2013
Big Rivers Holds Henderson Meeting Today, Other Public Meetings Coming In January
A public meeting on a proposal to increase Big Rivers Electric Corp. rates is being held today in Henderson, with a public comment session in Frankfort linked by video to Owensboro, Paducah and Brandenburg on January 8.
The meeting and comment session were rescheduled to bad weather.
Big Rivers wants to increase rates early next year to boost annual revenue by $70 million.
The increase is to partially offset the loss of about $175 million in annual revenue that will occur when the Century Aluminum smelter in Sebree ceases to be a Big Rivers customer at the end of January.
The rate increase is estimated to increase monthly residential bills by about $25 to $30 per month.