Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon December 16, 2013
Big Rivers Holds Henderson Meeting Today, Other Public Meetings Coming In January
A public meeting on a proposal to increase Big Rivers Electric Corp. rates is being held today in Henderson, with a public comment session in Frankfort linked by video to Owensboro, Paducah and Brandenburg on January 8.
The meeting and comment session were rescheduled to bad weather.
Big Rivers wants to increase rates early next year to boost annual revenue by $70 million.
The increase is to partially offset the loss of about $175 million in annual revenue that will occur when the Century Aluminum smelter in Sebree ceases to be a Big Rivers customer at the end of January.
The rate increase is estimated to increase monthly residential bills by about $25 to $30 per month.