Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Mon December 2, 2013
Big Rivers Holding Public Meeting Next Week
The Kentucky Public Service Commission is hosting a public forum on proposed rate increases by western Kentucky’s Big Rivers Electric Corp.
The public meeting will be held December 10 in Henderson. But interested commenters in Paducah, Owensboro and Brandenburg will be linked to the Henderson forum by video conferencing.
Big Rivers is seeking approval to increase rates early next year to boost annual revenue by $70 million.
The amount is to partially offset the loss of almost $175 million in annual revenue that will occur when the Century Aluminum smelter in Sebree ceases to be a Big Rivers customer.
The rate increase is estimated to increase monthly residential bills by about $25 to $30 per month.