Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon December 2, 2013
Big Rivers Holding Public Meeting Next Week
The Kentucky Public Service Commission is hosting a public forum on proposed rate increases by western Kentucky’s Big Rivers Electric Corp.
The public meeting will be held December 10 in Henderson. But interested commenters in Paducah, Owensboro and Brandenburg will be linked to the Henderson forum by video conferencing.
Big Rivers is seeking approval to increase rates early next year to boost annual revenue by $70 million.
The amount is to partially offset the loss of almost $175 million in annual revenue that will occur when the Century Aluminum smelter in Sebree ceases to be a Big Rivers customer.
The rate increase is estimated to increase monthly residential bills by about $25 to $30 per month.