Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon December 2, 2013
Big Rivers Holding Public Meeting Next Week
The Kentucky Public Service Commission is hosting a public forum on proposed rate increases by western Kentucky’s Big Rivers Electric Corp.
The public meeting will be held December 10 in Henderson. But interested commenters in Paducah, Owensboro and Brandenburg will be linked to the Henderson forum by video conferencing.
Big Rivers is seeking approval to increase rates early next year to boost annual revenue by $70 million.
The amount is to partially offset the loss of almost $175 million in annual revenue that will occur when the Century Aluminum smelter in Sebree ceases to be a Big Rivers customer.
The rate increase is estimated to increase monthly residential bills by about $25 to $30 per month.