Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Mon December 2, 2013
Big Rivers Holding Public Meeting Next Week
The Kentucky Public Service Commission is hosting a public forum on proposed rate increases by western Kentucky’s Big Rivers Electric Corp.
The public meeting will be held December 10 in Henderson. But interested commenters in Paducah, Owensboro and Brandenburg will be linked to the Henderson forum by video conferencing.
Big Rivers is seeking approval to increase rates early next year to boost annual revenue by $70 million.
The amount is to partially offset the loss of almost $175 million in annual revenue that will occur when the Century Aluminum smelter in Sebree ceases to be a Big Rivers customer.
The rate increase is estimated to increase monthly residential bills by about $25 to $30 per month.