Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Mon August 13, 2012
Big Rivers Cost Hearings
The Kentucky Public Service Commission will hold public meetings this month looking for comment on a new environmental compliance plan by Big Rivers Electric Corporation. Big Rivers is seeking PSC authorization to spend over $283 million to comply with new federal environmental requirements. Spokesman Marty Littrel said these investment costs will trickle down to the customer in coming years. Big Rivers provides wholesale power to its owners, Jackson Purchase Energy, Kenergy, and Meade County Rural Electric corporations. The meetings will be held today in Paducah and tomorrow in Henderson.