Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri January 10, 2014
Bevin Blasts McConnell Record
Republican Matt Bevin is blasting Mitch McConnell's long Senate record. He says the Senate minority leader "dilly-dallied" as Kentucky's coal sector suffers and undermined efforts to cut off funding for the health care overhaul.
Bevin laid out his position on a range of issues yesterday in his bid to unseat McConnell in the GOP primary.
McConnell's campaign scoffed at Bevin's claims and said the five-term senator has been at the forefront of fights against the health care overhaul and regulations limiting carbon pollution from power plants.
The winner of the GOP primary will likely face Democratic front-runner Alison Lundergan Grimes in the November election.