Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri January 10, 2014
Bevin Blasts McConnell Record
Republican Matt Bevin is blasting Mitch McConnell's long Senate record. He says the Senate minority leader "dilly-dallied" as Kentucky's coal sector suffers and undermined efforts to cut off funding for the health care overhaul.
Bevin laid out his position on a range of issues yesterday in his bid to unseat McConnell in the GOP primary.
McConnell's campaign scoffed at Bevin's claims and said the five-term senator has been at the forefront of fights against the health care overhaul and regulations limiting carbon pollution from power plants.
The winner of the GOP primary will likely face Democratic front-runner Alison Lundergan Grimes in the November election.