Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
2013 KY General Assembly
Mon April 22, 2013
Beshear Still Deciding on Special Session for Tax Reform, Redistricting
Gov. Steve Beshear says he's still considering whether to call a special legislative session for later this year.
A few issues remain unresolved from the last regular session, mainly redistricting and further tax reform. And Beshear has been pushing for tax reform to pay for the state's education system.
He says he hasn't ruled out calling a special session for tax reform. And while lawmakers technically have until next year to redraw their districts, Beshear says he wants candidates to know the new maps well before the campaigning begins.
"And I'm going to be talking to leadership in both the House and Senate just to feel our way along and to see if we need to have a special session or not on redistricting."
Only the governor can call a special session and set its agenda.