Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue January 28, 2014
Beshear Snags Obama Invitation
Kentucky's performance with health care sign-ups through its state-run website has earned Governor Steve Beshear a White House invitation to attend President Obama's State of the Union speech.
Beshear has been a strong supporter of Obama's health care law.
He will be among the guests sitting with first lady Michelle Obama when the president gives his speech to a joint session of Congress on tonight.
Beshear says the president's invitation came in a phone call from a senior Obama adviser.
The Democratic governor says his invitation puts Kentucky in the spotlight as a national model for implementing the Affordable Care Act. Beshear's wife, Jane, also is invited and will be seated in the gallery.