Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue January 28, 2014
Beshear Snags Obama Invitation
Kentucky's performance with health care sign-ups through its state-run website has earned Governor Steve Beshear a White House invitation to attend President Obama's State of the Union speech.
Beshear has been a strong supporter of Obama's health care law.
He will be among the guests sitting with first lady Michelle Obama when the president gives his speech to a joint session of Congress on tonight.
Beshear says the president's invitation came in a phone call from a senior Obama adviser.
The Democratic governor says his invitation puts Kentucky in the spotlight as a national model for implementing the Affordable Care Act. Beshear's wife, Jane, also is invited and will be seated in the gallery.