Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Fri June 1, 2012
Beshear signs HB 559 in Paducah
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear attended a ceremony in Paducah yesterday to sign House Bill 559- legislation clarifying the types of nuclear-based technologies that can be developed and used in the Commonwealth.
The law allows nuclear-related industries, like the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant, to exist as long as electricity generation is not their primary output. Beshear says the bill's passage will create a transition into a viable alternative use for the Pad