Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30th
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University "Doing Everything They Can To Stay Open"
Fri June 1, 2012
Beshear signs HB 559 in Paducah
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear attended a ceremony in Paducah yesterday to sign House Bill 559- legislation clarifying the types of nuclear-based technologies that can be developed and used in the Commonwealth.
The law allows nuclear-related industries, like the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant, to exist as long as electricity generation is not their primary output. Beshear says the bill's passage will create a transition into a viable alternative use for the Pad