Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Government Shutdown 2013
Wed October 16, 2013
Beshear Plans Shutdown Press Conference
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has scheduled a press conference for today to discuss the impact of the federal government shutdown on the state’s families.
The U.S. government halted most non-essential government services 16 days ago, forcing unplanned furloughs for thousands of federal workers.
Beshear is expected to tell reporters that more serious problems could begin Oct. 31, when funds for lots of government services will dry up, if Congress doesn't resolve the spending impasse.
The press conference will be at the state Capitol at 2 p.m. eastern time.