Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Government Shutdown 2013
Wed October 16, 2013
Beshear Plans Shutdown Press Conference
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has scheduled a press conference for today to discuss the impact of the federal government shutdown on the state’s families.
The U.S. government halted most non-essential government services 16 days ago, forcing unplanned furloughs for thousands of federal workers.
Beshear is expected to tell reporters that more serious problems could begin Oct. 31, when funds for lots of government services will dry up, if Congress doesn't resolve the spending impasse.
The press conference will be at the state Capitol at 2 p.m. eastern time.