Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Government Shutdown 2013
Wed October 16, 2013
Beshear Plans Shutdown Press Conference
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has scheduled a press conference for today to discuss the impact of the federal government shutdown on the state’s families.
The U.S. government halted most non-essential government services 16 days ago, forcing unplanned furloughs for thousands of federal workers.
Beshear is expected to tell reporters that more serious problems could begin Oct. 31, when funds for lots of government services will dry up, if Congress doesn't resolve the spending impasse.
The press conference will be at the state Capitol at 2 p.m. eastern time.