Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue November 24, 2009
Beshear New Policy Board Chair
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has been chosen as the next chairman of the Southern Growth Policies Board. Beshear succeeds Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour and will be the board's 40th Chair. As part of his responsibilities, Beshear hosts the 2010 Chairman's Conference in Lexington this June. The focus will be highlighting and strengthening the automotive industry in the south. The Southern Growth Policies Board is a think tank of the region's governors, legislators, business and academic leaders, and the economic and community development sectors.