Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue November 24, 2009
Beshear New Policy Board Chair
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has been chosen as the next chairman of the Southern Growth Policies Board. Beshear succeeds Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour and will be the board's 40th Chair. As part of his responsibilities, Beshear hosts the 2010 Chairman's Conference in Lexington this June. The focus will be highlighting and strengthening the automotive industry in the south. The Southern Growth Policies Board is a think tank of the region's governors, legislators, business and academic leaders, and the economic and community development sectors.