Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Mon November 19, 2012
Beshear Names New State Budget Director
Come January, a new woman will be in charge of the Kentucky budget for the Governor’s Office. Since 2007, Mary Lassiter has been Governor Steve Beshear’s budget director. And in 2009, she took a promotion as Secretary of the Cabinet as well, serving both roles. But Beshear has now hired Jane Driskell, a longtime budget director for state and local government, as his new state budget director.
Lassiter will stay as Secretary of the Cabinet even after Driskell starts her new job. Driskell has 27 years of service with governments and their budgets, serving in various state roles as well as similar roles in Louisville and Lexington.