Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Thu October 24, 2013
Beshear: Managed Care Initiative Running Smoothly
Gov. Steve Beshear says the Medicaid managed care system is running smoothly, with payments being processed quickly and fewer complaints.
Beshear said Thursday that managed care, now in its second year statewide, is saving tax dollars while also helping to improve the health of Medicaid recipients by emphasizing prevention and wellness.
Kentucky moved 560,000 Medicaid recipients into the managed care program in 2011 in a cost-saving move at a time when the Medicaid budget was facing a $142 million shortfall.
MCCH CEO Jerry Penner refused to comment on Beshear’s statements about changes to the managed care program.