Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Thu October 24, 2013
Beshear: Managed Care Initiative Running Smoothly
Gov. Steve Beshear says the Medicaid managed care system is running smoothly, with payments being processed quickly and fewer complaints.
Beshear said Thursday that managed care, now in its second year statewide, is saving tax dollars while also helping to improve the health of Medicaid recipients by emphasizing prevention and wellness.
Kentucky moved 560,000 Medicaid recipients into the managed care program in 2011 in a cost-saving move at a time when the Medicaid budget was facing a $142 million shortfall.
MCCH CEO Jerry Penner refused to comment on Beshear’s statements about changes to the managed care program.