Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu October 24, 2013
Beshear: Managed Care Initiative Running Smoothly
Gov. Steve Beshear says the Medicaid managed care system is running smoothly, with payments being processed quickly and fewer complaints.
Beshear said Thursday that managed care, now in its second year statewide, is saving tax dollars while also helping to improve the health of Medicaid recipients by emphasizing prevention and wellness.
Kentucky moved 560,000 Medicaid recipients into the managed care program in 2011 in a cost-saving move at a time when the Medicaid budget was facing a $142 million shortfall.
MCCH CEO Jerry Penner refused to comment on Beshear’s statements about changes to the managed care program.