Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Tue September 10, 2013
Beshear To Hold News Briefing On Health Reforms
Gov. Steve Beshear has scheduled a news briefing for this afternoon to provide an update on efforts to implement federal health care reforms in Kentucky. The event is set for 12 p.m. central time at the Capitol. Beshear has been an advocate for the reforms that he says will provide access to medical care to more than 600,000 uninsured Kentucky residents.
Nearly half of those will be added to the state's Medicaid program. The remainder will be able to get insurance through an online health benefits exchange. Joining Beshear for the briefing will be Health and Family Services Secretary Audrey Tayse Haynes, Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange Executive Director Carrie Banahan and Kentucky Department of Insurance Commissioner Sharon Clark.