Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue September 10, 2013
Beshear To Hold News Briefing On Health Reforms
Gov. Steve Beshear has scheduled a news briefing for this afternoon to provide an update on efforts to implement federal health care reforms in Kentucky. The event is set for 12 p.m. central time at the Capitol. Beshear has been an advocate for the reforms that he says will provide access to medical care to more than 600,000 uninsured Kentucky residents.
Nearly half of those will be added to the state's Medicaid program. The remainder will be able to get insurance through an online health benefits exchange. Joining Beshear for the briefing will be Health and Family Services Secretary Audrey Tayse Haynes, Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange Executive Director Carrie Banahan and Kentucky Department of Insurance Commissioner Sharon Clark.