Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed October 10, 2012
Beshear: Don't Text and Drive
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear is sending a message to drivers that texting and driving is not acceptable. Beshear will meet with AT&T Kentucky, state police and an automobile wreck survivor today at the Capitol to sign the “Don’t Text and Drive Day” proclamation. The group will also announce a campaign encouraging Kentuckians to make a pledge that they won’t text while driving. The state passed a law against texting and driving two years ago.