Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue November 10, 2009
Beshear Announces $ to Workforce Investment Board
By Paco Long-Mendez
Frankfort, KY – Governor Steve Beshear announced yesterday the West Kentucky Workforce Investment Board will receive one-point-four million dollars in addition to Trade Adjustment Assistance or T-A-A funds. The federal money will go toward job training for four-hundred and seventy-five trade-affected workers currently enrolled in the T-A-A program. The U.S. Department of Labor created program provides benefits and support workers who became unemployed due to the impact of international trade. Governor Beshear says educational and technical training will assist in upgrading their skills so they can re-enter the workforce as soon as possible.