Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Mon April 7, 2014
Beshear Announces New Ky. Auto Industry Group
Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear has announced the creation of a new group to promote and expand the auto industry in the state.
The 12-member Kentucky Auto Industry Association will be chaired by the Secretary of the Economic Development Cabinet, Larry Hayes. The panel will be made up of industry representatives and public officials.
The KAIA will help Kentucky brand itself as a leader in auto manufacturing, advocate on behalf of the industry within the Commonwealth and assist with workforce development.
The Kentucky Auto Industry Association will not be a government agency. Secretary Hayes says it’ll be a trade group united in the common cause of elevating the status of auto manufacturing in the commonwealth.
Gov. Beshear says Kentucky ranks third in overall domestic light vehicle production but many people don’t know that and it hurts the state’s marketing efforts.