Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu November 21, 2013
Beshear Announces Funds For Adventure Tourism
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has announced more than $1.1 million to develop and maintain 20 trail projects throughout Kentucky.
Beshear said opening trails is key to expanding adventure tourism, allowing communities to attract tourists while also providing outdoor activities for local residents.
The money can be used to purchase easements or develop and maintain trails for a range of activities from hiking to riding horses, motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles.
The money comes from the Federal Highway Administration and is administered by the Kentucky Department for Local Government.