Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Thu November 21, 2013
Beshear Announces Funds For Adventure Tourism
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has announced more than $1.1 million to develop and maintain 20 trail projects throughout Kentucky.
Beshear said opening trails is key to expanding adventure tourism, allowing communities to attract tourists while also providing outdoor activities for local residents.
The money can be used to purchase easements or develop and maintain trails for a range of activities from hiking to riding horses, motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles.
The money comes from the Federal Highway Administration and is administered by the Kentucky Department for Local Government.