Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Thu November 21, 2013
Beshear Announces Funds For Adventure Tourism
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has announced more than $1.1 million to develop and maintain 20 trail projects throughout Kentucky.
Beshear said opening trails is key to expanding adventure tourism, allowing communities to attract tourists while also providing outdoor activities for local residents.
The money can be used to purchase easements or develop and maintain trails for a range of activities from hiking to riding horses, motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles.
The money comes from the Federal Highway Administration and is administered by the Kentucky Department for Local Government.