Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu November 21, 2013
Beshear Announces Funds For Adventure Tourism
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has announced more than $1.1 million to develop and maintain 20 trail projects throughout Kentucky.
Beshear said opening trails is key to expanding adventure tourism, allowing communities to attract tourists while also providing outdoor activities for local residents.
The money can be used to purchase easements or develop and maintain trails for a range of activities from hiking to riding horses, motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles.
The money comes from the Federal Highway Administration and is administered by the Kentucky Department for Local Government.