Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu November 21, 2013
Beshear Announces Funds For Adventure Tourism
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has announced more than $1.1 million to develop and maintain 20 trail projects throughout Kentucky.
Beshear said opening trails is key to expanding adventure tourism, allowing communities to attract tourists while also providing outdoor activities for local residents.
The money can be used to purchase easements or develop and maintain trails for a range of activities from hiking to riding horses, motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles.
The money comes from the Federal Highway Administration and is administered by the Kentucky Department for Local Government.