Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Murray State’s Next President Says University Discussing Short, Long Term Roles with Mid-Continent
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon August 26, 2013
Beshear To Announce Race To The Top Grants Today
Governor Steve Beshear is announcing today a $41 million in ‘Race to the Top’ education grant to cooperatives of Kentucky school districts. The grant is being awarded to Ohio Valley Educational Cooperative, or OVEC, in north central Kentucky and the Green River Regional Educational Cooperative, or GRREC, across south central Kentucky.
OVEC and GRREC joined in an application and were awarded one of the nation’s two largest District-Race to the Top grants. GRREC represents 23 western Kentucky School Districts, including Union County, Daviess County and Owensboro Independent. Winning applicants were top scorers among 372 applications the Department of Education received last November, which were evaluated and scored by independent peer reviewers. Beshear will make the announcement at 11 a.m. at Simpsonville Elementary School.