Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue March 4, 2014
BBQ on the River, Paducah Symphony Orchestra Resolve Beer Garden Dispute
Barbecue on the River has resolved its dispute with the Paducah Symphony Orchestra about the festival’s beer garden management by offering the PSO the right of first refusal. That means PSO will be the first organization festival officials asks to manage the beer garden, but a press release from the two groups doesn’t say whether or not that contract will have any changes.
Paducah Mayor Gayle Kaler set up today’s meeting between the two groups. Both organizations say they will not make any further comment on the dispute.
While the beer garden issue is resolved, city officials haven't commented on the festival's lapsed non-profit classification and its failure to provide the city an audit as outlined in a 2011 agreement with the city.