Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue March 4, 2014
BBQ on the River, Paducah Symphony Orchestra Resolve Beer Garden Dispute
Barbecue on the River has resolved its dispute with the Paducah Symphony Orchestra about the festival’s beer garden management by offering the PSO the right of first refusal. That means PSO will be the first organization festival officials asks to manage the beer garden, but a press release from the two groups doesn’t say whether or not that contract will have any changes.
Paducah Mayor Gayle Kaler set up today’s meeting between the two groups. Both organizations say they will not make any further comment on the dispute.
While the beer garden issue is resolved, city officials haven't commented on the festival's lapsed non-profit classification and its failure to provide the city an audit as outlined in a 2011 agreement with the city.