Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Thu January 3, 2013
Barr to Take Oath in DC
Republican Andy Barr will be sworn in this afternoon in Washington as Kentucky’s newest U.S. congressman. The Lexington attorney won the November election over Democratic U.S. Rep. Ben Chandler in a bitter 6th District race.
Barr will serve on the House Committee on Financial Services and he says he will use the position to work on solving Kentucky’s job crisis by pushing to lift regulations on community banks that keep them from making individual and small business loans.