Most Active Stories
- Murray Human Rights Commission Postpones Bringing Ordinance Forward To Allow Community Input
- Kentucky CPE President Addresses Criticism of KCTCS Search Transparency
- Billionaire Spent Millions In Charity, But Avoided Mine Fines
- Bob Davies: Board of Regents will Discuss Proposed Tobacco Ban and Employee Raises
- Kentucky Among Worst States In Accessibility for Poor, Disabled in Criminal Justice, Study Says
Thu January 3, 2013
Barr to Take Oath in DC
Republican Andy Barr will be sworn in this afternoon in Washington as Kentucky’s newest U.S. congressman. The Lexington attorney won the November election over Democratic U.S. Rep. Ben Chandler in a bitter 6th District race.
Barr will serve on the House Committee on Financial Services and he says he will use the position to work on solving Kentucky’s job crisis by pushing to lift regulations on community banks that keep them from making individual and small business loans.