Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Thu January 3, 2013
Barr to Take Oath in DC
Republican Andy Barr will be sworn in this afternoon in Washington as Kentucky’s newest U.S. congressman. The Lexington attorney won the November election over Democratic U.S. Rep. Ben Chandler in a bitter 6th District race.
Barr will serve on the House Committee on Financial Services and he says he will use the position to work on solving Kentucky’s job crisis by pushing to lift regulations on community banks that keep them from making individual and small business loans.