Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Thu January 3, 2013
Barr to Take Oath in DC
Republican Andy Barr will be sworn in this afternoon in Washington as Kentucky’s newest U.S. congressman. The Lexington attorney won the November election over Democratic U.S. Rep. Ben Chandler in a bitter 6th District race.
Barr will serve on the House Committee on Financial Services and he says he will use the position to work on solving Kentucky’s job crisis by pushing to lift regulations on community banks that keep them from making individual and small business loans.