Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu January 3, 2013
Barr to Take Oath in DC
Republican Andy Barr will be sworn in this afternoon in Washington as Kentucky’s newest U.S. congressman. The Lexington attorney won the November election over Democratic U.S. Rep. Ben Chandler in a bitter 6th District race.
Barr will serve on the House Committee on Financial Services and he says he will use the position to work on solving Kentucky’s job crisis by pushing to lift regulations on community banks that keep them from making individual and small business loans.