Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu August 22, 2013
Barkley Regional Airport's Numbers Plateau
The number of passengers flying through Barkley Regional Airport has plateaued, and according to Airport Marketing Director Eddie Grant, it's the result of sequestration. He says cutbacks in government travel have stunted the airport's growth.
“We’re not showing any kind of decline which is always a good thing. We’re not showing any growth either but, you know, treading water is better than drowning.”
Grant says the airport has approximately the same number of travelers as it did this time last year. However, national averages are down 6 percent. He says about 60 percent of Barkley’s traffic comes from business travelers, including government workers.