Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed May 6, 2009
Bank and dealership dispute jeopardizes vehicle titles
By Casey Northcutt
Madisonville, KY – About 20 to 40 vehicle titles hang in the balance as Fifth Third Bank and Browning Chevrolet argue over financial problems. The bank froze the dealership's accounts, leading to the Browning Chevrolet's closure. Commonwealth Attorney David Massamore is mediating the dispute. He has between been working with Fifth Third's attorney to free up enough funds to cover vehicle title and transfer fees that were not completed before the dealership closed. He says he hopes to complete the work in the next week. In the meantime, Browning owners are dealing with customer problems daily in the dealership parking lot.