Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Wed May 6, 2009
Bank and dealership dispute jeopardizes vehicle titles
By Casey Northcutt
Madisonville, KY – About 20 to 40 vehicle titles hang in the balance as Fifth Third Bank and Browning Chevrolet argue over financial problems. The bank froze the dealership's accounts, leading to the Browning Chevrolet's closure. Commonwealth Attorney David Massamore is mediating the dispute. He has between been working with Fifth Third's attorney to free up enough funds to cover vehicle title and transfer fees that were not completed before the dealership closed. He says he hopes to complete the work in the next week. In the meantime, Browning owners are dealing with customer problems daily in the dealership parking lot.