Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Mon April 21, 2014
Bands Convene For Paducah's Earth Day in the Park
Bands convene at Carson Park this Saturday (April 21) for an Earth Day Concert benefiting recycling in Paducah. The event seeks to bring the community together to help plant sunflowers, which will bloom in July/August. Tracy Ross speaks with David Nickell of West Kentucky Community and Technical College for a preview.
The bands start performing around noon including the Solid Rock'it Boosters and Gideon's Rifle. Twenty groups are expected to play into the evening. Local food vendors and info booths will be there as well. The event is free or charge.
WKMS Press Releases