Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon April 21, 2014
Bands Convene For Paducah's Earth Day in the Park
Bands convene at Carson Park this Saturday (April 21) for an Earth Day Concert benefiting recycling in Paducah. The event seeks to bring the community together to help plant sunflowers, which will bloom in July/August. Tracy Ross speaks with David Nickell of West Kentucky Community and Technical College for a preview.
The bands start performing around noon including the Solid Rock'it Boosters and Gideon's Rifle. Twenty groups are expected to play into the evening. Local food vendors and info booths will be there as well. The event is free or charge.
WKMS Press Releases