Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon April 21, 2014
Bands Convene For Paducah's Earth Day in the Park
Bands convene at Carson Park this Saturday (April 21) for an Earth Day Concert benefiting recycling in Paducah. The event seeks to bring the community together to help plant sunflowers, which will bloom in July/August. Tracy Ross speaks with David Nickell of West Kentucky Community and Technical College for a preview.
The bands start performing around noon including the Solid Rock'it Boosters and Gideon's Rifle. Twenty groups are expected to play into the evening. Local food vendors and info booths will be there as well. The event is free or charge.
WKMS Press Releases