Most Active Stories
- Snowfall Predictions Grow; Icing Expected in Southern Western Kentucky Overnight
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Fri June 26, 2009
Award winning publisher and poet opens weaving exhibit
By Kate Lochte
Cadiz, KY – Janice Mason Art Museum in Cadiz opens "Segues - Works in Wool; Works on Paper - a collaboration of vision and voice" this tonight at 6 with a poetry reading and a reception with weaver and photographer Dobree Adams and poet and publisher Jonathan Greene. A New York native, Greene's the author of thirty or so books of poetry, essays and letters, having studied with Ralph Ellison at Bard College and Robert Lowell at a New York Writer's Conference in the sixties. Operating his own Gnomen Press for several years while working at the University of Kentucky press, Greene designed and published over sixty books including those with Kentucky luminaries Thomas Merton, James Still, Wendell Berry and many others. He visits with Kate Lochte.
Prolific poet and award winning independent publisher Jonathan Greene's works are on display alongside Dobree Adams' weavings at Janice Mason Art Museum on Main Street in Cadiz through August 9. The couple's show is called "Segues- A collaboration of vision and voice" and features works in wool and works on paper. This evening at 6, Jonathan Greene reads a selection of his poems as do participants in the Museum's poetry project. A reception with the artists follows.