Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue December 18, 2012
Aviation Brigade Details Progress in Afghanistan
The commander of Fort Campbell’s 101st Combat Aviation Brigade says Afghan security forces are becoming more capable both on the ground and in the air. Col. Paul Bontrager says Afghans can now medically evacuate their own personnel using helicopters and that the air corps’ success will be vital when the U.S. removes combat forces in 2014.
The 101st Airborne Division brigade is currently operating in an area in Afghanistan the size of Texas and has already completed more than 7,000 missions.