Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Tue December 18, 2012
Aviation Brigade Details Progress in Afghanistan
The commander of Fort Campbell’s 101st Combat Aviation Brigade says Afghan security forces are becoming more capable both on the ground and in the air. Col. Paul Bontrager says Afghans can now medically evacuate their own personnel using helicopters and that the air corps’ success will be vital when the U.S. removes combat forces in 2014.
The 101st Airborne Division brigade is currently operating in an area in Afghanistan the size of Texas and has already completed more than 7,000 missions.