Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed February 3, 2010
Auto Dealer Bill Clears KY House
Frankfort, KY – The Kentucky House passed a bill Tuesday seeking to give Kentucky auto dealers a chance to reclaim the businesses they lost amid the auto industry's downturn. The measure, now headed for the Senate, is a response to efforts by General Motors and Chrysler to close hundreds of its dealerships around the country. The bill would apply to any attempt in Kentucky to set up a new dealership in the same area where a previous dealership was closed by the automakers. Under the bill, the new dealership would have to be offered first to the dealer who had his business closed as part of the downsizing.