Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed March 4, 2009
Auditor Reports Not Enough Workers
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Auditor Crit Luallen says staff reductions across state government have left accountants straining to keep up with paperwork. Luallen has released a financial review that shows 74 deficiencies in internal financial controls in a variety of agencies. The auditor says the agencies blamed staffing shortages caused by the state's shrinking budget. Although the state has avoided layoffs in the budget crunch, attrition has resulted in some 2,000 fewer executive branch employees over the past year.