Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Mon October 1, 2012
Attorney Strengthens Efforts for Jackson Plea Bargain
Commonwealth Attorney Mark Blankenship plans to intensify efforts to reach a plea bargain for Murray State University basketball player Zaveral “Zay” Jackson. Blankenship says he is concerned social media comments about the case have affected the Calloway County jury.
Police allege Jackson struck two people with his car in Murray’s Walmart parking lot Sept. 9. Blankenship says the offer to Jackson will include conditions of jail time, restitution to the victims and anger management.