Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Mon October 1, 2012
Attorney Strengthens Efforts for Jackson Plea Bargain
Commonwealth Attorney Mark Blankenship plans to intensify efforts to reach a plea bargain for Murray State University basketball player Zaveral “Zay” Jackson. Blankenship says he is concerned social media comments about the case have affected the Calloway County jury.
Police allege Jackson struck two people with his car in Murray’s Walmart parking lot Sept. 9. Blankenship says the offer to Jackson will include conditions of jail time, restitution to the victims and anger management.