Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Mon October 1, 2012
Attorney Strengthens Efforts for Jackson Plea Bargain
Commonwealth Attorney Mark Blankenship plans to intensify efforts to reach a plea bargain for Murray State University basketball player Zaveral “Zay” Jackson. Blankenship says he is concerned social media comments about the case have affected the Calloway County jury.
Police allege Jackson struck two people with his car in Murray’s Walmart parking lot Sept. 9. Blankenship says the offer to Jackson will include conditions of jail time, restitution to the victims and anger management.