Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu February 19, 2009
Attorney Recommends Health Board suspend ban enforcement
By Carrie Pond
Madisonville, KY – Now that the Hopkins County Fiscal Court's smoking ban is now in effect, the Board of Health's attorney has recommended members suspend enforcement of their competing regulation. The Madisonville Messenger reports attorney Joe Evans recommended Wednesday the Board of Health suspend enforcement of their smoking regulation for at least six months to give the County Attorney's office time to enforce the Fiscal Court's ordinance. The Board plans to take up the matter at its regular meeting in March. The board of health has begun enforcement activities against businesses in violation of the Fiscal Court ordinance. The Court's ordinance is less strict than the board of health's original ban, allowing smoking in private clubs and certain hotel rooms.