Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu February 19, 2009
Attorney Recommends Health Board suspend ban enforcement
By Carrie Pond
Madisonville, KY – Now that the Hopkins County Fiscal Court's smoking ban is now in effect, the Board of Health's attorney has recommended members suspend enforcement of their competing regulation. The Madisonville Messenger reports attorney Joe Evans recommended Wednesday the Board of Health suspend enforcement of their smoking regulation for at least six months to give the County Attorney's office time to enforce the Fiscal Court's ordinance. The Board plans to take up the matter at its regular meeting in March. The board of health has begun enforcement activities against businesses in violation of the Fiscal Court ordinance. The Court's ordinance is less strict than the board of health's original ban, allowing smoking in private clubs and certain hotel rooms.