Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu January 15, 2009
Attending the Presidential Inauguration
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – It's estimated that some 4 million people will be attending the inauguration of Barack Obama as 44th President of the United States next Tuesday. Also witnessing this historic event will be Harriet Whitaker. She's president of the Madisonville - Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce and she says the overwhelming crowds and the logistics of getting there almost convinced her not to go...almost.
Harriet Whitaker is president of the Madisonville - Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce and she'll be traveling to Washington for Tuesday's presidential inauguration. MSU history professor and WKMS commentator Dr. Brian Clardy is going as well; we sent a recorder along with him. We'll hear his report from the ceremony and President Obama's address on an upcoming edition of The Front Page.