Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu January 15, 2009
Attending the Presidential Inauguration
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – It's estimated that some 4 million people will be attending the inauguration of Barack Obama as 44th President of the United States next Tuesday. Also witnessing this historic event will be Harriet Whitaker. She's president of the Madisonville - Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce and she says the overwhelming crowds and the logistics of getting there almost convinced her not to go...almost.
Harriet Whitaker is president of the Madisonville - Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce and she'll be traveling to Washington for Tuesday's presidential inauguration. MSU history professor and WKMS commentator Dr. Brian Clardy is going as well; we sent a recorder along with him. We'll hear his report from the ceremony and President Obama's address on an upcoming edition of The Front Page.