Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu January 31, 2013
ATT Working on Eggners Ferry Bridge Friday Night
AT&T says their crews plan to reconnect fiber optic lines on the Eggners Ferry Bridge starting about 9 p.m. tomorrow (Friday) night.
The critical communications link was severed when the cargo ship Delta Mariner slammed into the bridge a year ago this month, knocking an over 3 hundred foot span into Kentucky Lake. The impact also cut the fiber optic cable running across the bridge. AT&T restored service by running a temporary line across the bottom of the lake. While lane restrictions won’t be required, you will need to take extra care if you’re driving through the work zone.