Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu January 31, 2013
ATT Working on Eggners Ferry Bridge Friday Night
AT&T says their crews plan to reconnect fiber optic lines on the Eggners Ferry Bridge starting about 9 p.m. tomorrow (Friday) night.
The critical communications link was severed when the cargo ship Delta Mariner slammed into the bridge a year ago this month, knocking an over 3 hundred foot span into Kentucky Lake. The impact also cut the fiber optic cable running across the bridge. AT&T restored service by running a temporary line across the bottom of the lake. While lane restrictions won’t be required, you will need to take extra care if you’re driving through the work zone.