Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu January 31, 2013
ATT Working on Eggners Ferry Bridge Friday Night
AT&T says their crews plan to reconnect fiber optic lines on the Eggners Ferry Bridge starting about 9 p.m. tomorrow (Friday) night.
The critical communications link was severed when the cargo ship Delta Mariner slammed into the bridge a year ago this month, knocking an over 3 hundred foot span into Kentucky Lake. The impact also cut the fiber optic cable running across the bridge. AT&T restored service by running a temporary line across the bottom of the lake. While lane restrictions won’t be required, you will need to take extra care if you’re driving through the work zone.