Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Thu January 31, 2013
ATT Working on Eggners Ferry Bridge Friday Night
AT&T says their crews plan to reconnect fiber optic lines on the Eggners Ferry Bridge starting about 9 p.m. tomorrow (Friday) night.
The critical communications link was severed when the cargo ship Delta Mariner slammed into the bridge a year ago this month, knocking an over 3 hundred foot span into Kentucky Lake. The impact also cut the fiber optic cable running across the bridge. AT&T restored service by running a temporary line across the bottom of the lake. While lane restrictions won’t be required, you will need to take extra care if you’re driving through the work zone.