Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue May 14, 2013
Atmos Energy to Raise Prices
Kentucky Atmos Energy customers may be hit with a rate hike in the near future.
The company has asked the Kentucky Public Service Commission for a $13.3 million rate increase to help with infrastructure improvement costs. This means a monthly gas bill increase of about $4.50 for the average Atmos customer.
Atmos representatives say the increase is necessary to fund $80 million worth of total system improvements.
Atmos serves the following counties in Kentucky:
Anderson, Barren, Boyle, Breckenridge, Caldwell, Christian, Crittenden, Daviess, Edmonson, Franklin, Garrard, Graves, Grayson, Green, Hancock, Hart, Henderson, Hopkins, Jefferson, Lincoln, Livingston, Logan, Lyon, Marion, Marshall, McCracken, McLean, Mercer, Muhlenberg, Ohio, Shelby, Simpson, Taylor, Todd, Trigg, Warren, Washington, Webster.