Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue December 2, 2008
Atheists Sue to Remove God from Homeland Security
By Casey Northcutt
Murray, KY – A group of Atheists filed suit against the state of Kentucky Tuesday to remove God from the Homeland Security detail. The Associated Press reports the group protested a 2006 law emphasizing God's role in protecting the state. They particularly objected to a clause requiring the Office of Homeland Security to hang a plaque proclaiming the safety of the state -quote-"cannot be achieved apart from reliance upon Almighty God." The group has not specified the financial damages and legal fees it seeks by filing suit.