Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Tue April 16, 2013
Ashley Judd Purchased House in Kentucky
Actress Ashley Judd purchased a house in the northeastern Kentucky when she was considering running for U.S. Senate.
Boyd County Property Valuation Administrator Chuck Adkins says Judd paid $120,000 for the house that once belonged to her father, Michael Charles Ciminella. The deal was finalized in March, about a week before Judd announced her decision not to run against U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell.
To run for Senate, Judd, a resident of Tennessee, would have had to establish a residence in Kentucky.
She lived in Ashland for a while as a teenager and attended Paul G. Blazer High School. Her grandmother, Polly Judd, still lives in Ashland. Adkins says Judd likely purchased the house for sentimental reasons.