Most Active Stories
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- TN Police Officer: Open Carry Gun Bill Hurts All of Us
- Source 'Mid Continent Lays Off All Staff'-Leadership Meeting Before Issuing Public Comment
Tue April 16, 2013
Ashley Judd Purchased House in Kentucky
Actress Ashley Judd purchased a house in the northeastern Kentucky when she was considering running for U.S. Senate.
Boyd County Property Valuation Administrator Chuck Adkins says Judd paid $120,000 for the house that once belonged to her father, Michael Charles Ciminella. The deal was finalized in March, about a week before Judd announced her decision not to run against U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell.
To run for Senate, Judd, a resident of Tennessee, would have had to establish a residence in Kentucky.
She lived in Ashland for a while as a teenager and attended Paul G. Blazer High School. Her grandmother, Polly Judd, still lives in Ashland. Adkins says Judd likely purchased the house for sentimental reasons.