Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue April 16, 2013
Ashley Judd Purchased House in Kentucky
Actress Ashley Judd purchased a house in the northeastern Kentucky when she was considering running for U.S. Senate.
Boyd County Property Valuation Administrator Chuck Adkins says Judd paid $120,000 for the house that once belonged to her father, Michael Charles Ciminella. The deal was finalized in March, about a week before Judd announced her decision not to run against U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell.
To run for Senate, Judd, a resident of Tennessee, would have had to establish a residence in Kentucky.
She lived in Ashland for a while as a teenager and attended Paul G. Blazer High School. Her grandmother, Polly Judd, still lives in Ashland. Adkins says Judd likely purchased the house for sentimental reasons.