Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Tue April 16, 2013
Ashley Judd Purchased House in Kentucky
Actress Ashley Judd purchased a house in the northeastern Kentucky when she was considering running for U.S. Senate.
Boyd County Property Valuation Administrator Chuck Adkins says Judd paid $120,000 for the house that once belonged to her father, Michael Charles Ciminella. The deal was finalized in March, about a week before Judd announced her decision not to run against U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell.
To run for Senate, Judd, a resident of Tennessee, would have had to establish a residence in Kentucky.
She lived in Ashland for a while as a teenager and attended Paul G. Blazer High School. Her grandmother, Polly Judd, still lives in Ashland. Adkins says Judd likely purchased the house for sentimental reasons.