Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Fri June 15, 2012
Artist Ursula Schneider Visits Paducah
Artist Ursula Schneider has an extensive resume with showings and exhibitions in major cities across the U.S. She’s also a recipient of a major National Endowment for the Arts grant. She has an exhibit opening at the Ruth Baggett Gallery in Paducah this weekend. Schneider grew up in Switzerland and attended college there, she then traveled to the U.S. to earn an MFA from the San Francisco Art Institute. To learn more listen above to Chad Lampe's interview with Schneider.
Schneider discusses her history with art, and how a trip to the arctic helped her develop a new "canvass" on which to paint.