Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri April 18, 2014
Arnold Ethics Trial May Continue
The ethics trial against former lawmaker John Arnold may continue. Because the Kentucky Legislative Ethics Commission did not consider a motion to dismiss the case against the West Kentucky lawmaker in a hearing last week, the case may go forward.
The panel voted 4-1 last week to find Arnold guilty of ethics violations stemming from charges that he sexually harassed female state House staffers. Because nearly half of its members were absent for the hearing, and five votes were required for a motion to pass, Arnold was let off.
The commission will consider the issue at its next meeting on May 7.