Most Active Stories
- Kentuckians Can Get Protection From Four Flu Strains This Fall
- Community Leaders Call for Paducah Power Board Chairman to Resign
- Paducah Power Board Chair Steps Down as Chairman, Member
- Paducah Power System Board May Have "Unintentionally" Violated Open Meetings Law
- Paducah Power Chairman Says He Would Step Down Only If Board Asks Him
Fri April 18, 2014
Arnold Ethics Trial May Continue
The ethics trial against former lawmaker John Arnold may continue. Because the Kentucky Legislative Ethics Commission did not consider a motion to dismiss the case against the West Kentucky lawmaker in a hearing last week, the case may go forward.
The panel voted 4-1 last week to find Arnold guilty of ethics violations stemming from charges that he sexually harassed female state House staffers. Because nearly half of its members were absent for the hearing, and five votes were required for a motion to pass, Arnold was let off.
The commission will consider the issue at its next meeting on May 7.