Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri April 18, 2014
Arnold Ethics Trial May Continue
The ethics trial against former lawmaker John Arnold may continue. Because the Kentucky Legislative Ethics Commission did not consider a motion to dismiss the case against the West Kentucky lawmaker in a hearing last week, the case may go forward.
The panel voted 4-1 last week to find Arnold guilty of ethics violations stemming from charges that he sexually harassed female state House staffers. Because nearly half of its members were absent for the hearing, and five votes were required for a motion to pass, Arnold was let off.
The commission will consider the issue at its next meeting on May 7.