Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Thu December 12, 2013
Arnold Ethics Hearing Postponed Today
The Legislative Ethics Commission has postponed a hearing that had been set for today in the case of a former lawmaker accused of sexually harassing Capitol staffers.
Former state Representative John Arnold of Sturgis has been rescheduled to appear before the ethics panel on February 25.
Commission Chairman George Troutman said in a written order last week that the delay will allow time for Arnold to undergo a neurological exam that could help determine whether he's competent to participate in his defense and to testify.
Arnold resigned from the Legislature in September after the sexual harassment allegations were made public.